Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Pink Way of Delight

 In the movie 'Anne of Green Gables', Matthew Cuthbert drives Anne back to Green Gables Farm from the train station in the buggy above. I was always enchanted with this scene from Prince Edward Island, and Anne re-names this 'The White Way of Delight'.
 
About a week ago, I spent some time with my daughter Joy at the Scappoose Inn. On the property was this magnificent row of cherry trees all bloomed out. I immediately named it 'The Pink Way of Delight', and it's the closest I've ever come to one of the romantic scenes from Anne.
 
The darker pink buds were mostly fully in bloom into a light pink/white color. The sky was overcast when we walked through the Pink Way of Delight, which brought out the pink color even more.
 
The wind was beginning to bring down some blossom petals, which just made it all the more enchanting, as they swirled around us. There were a couple of silent llamas in the field next to us, probably wondering about these silly female humans as they munched.
 

A lovely bit of spring to enjoy and savor~ 



1 comment:

Peter Jones said...

Un-believable and I'm sure the pictures can't do it justice. They're not in two rows, but I think the trees around your deck are pretty fabulous in bloom too. ;-) ~Julie